My friends at Microsoft have put together an amazing compilation of resources of all the new stuff available in the Windows 10 October 2018 Update (aka RS5). Below is a list of some of those resources relevant to developers and enthusiasts, enjoy!
- EXE – http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=2023014
- ISO – http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=2022797You can also install the
- Visual Studio Installer – Choose the UWP workload and select 17763 SDK under additional components
New Samples and Sample Updates
- XAML Hosting API Sample uses the new XAML hosting API and C++/WinRT to demonstrate usage of XAML controls within a Win32 application.
- Customer Orders Database Sample has been updated to use the new Data Grid and other new controls in RS5.
- Photo Editor C++/WinRT Sample has been updated to build with the RS5 SDK and to use the new single_threaded_observable_vector function to create an IObservableVector for data binding. An additional performance update will be coming out in a couple weeks.
- Data binding and MVVM is a new topic that was identified as a need based on the Code First program. The topic describes the benefits of using the MVVM design pattern and how it has been applied to the sample apps.
- Create and customize a form on Windows 10
- Enhance your Bot with Personality Chat
- Xbox live Unity plugin
- One Dev Question w/Raymond Chen
- One Dev Question w/Larry Osterman
- One Dev Question w/Aaron Gustafson
- One Dev Question w/Chris Heilmann
Application Developer Resources
- Dev Center site page updates (Home page, Get started, What’s cool, Desktop, Downloads, and more)
- What’s New in Windows 10 for developers, build 17763
- New APIs in Windows 10 build 17763
- Fluent Design controls (CommandBarFlyout, MenuBar, TreeView, and more)
- Motion in Fluent Design
- Gaze input and interactions
- Windows UI Library (WinUI)
- UWP Controls in desktop applications
- DirectX Graphics Infrastructure (DXGI)
- Project Rome
- Windows Machine Learning
- Store Analytics API
- EdgeHTML 18
- Progressive Web Apps